A FirstBank & Trust Health Savings Account is a special tax-favored account that can be used to pay for qualified medical expenses for you and your dependents. HSAs are growing in popularity and contributions are tax-deductible provided you follow IRS guidelines.
- Contributions into the account are tax-deductible provided you follow IRS guidelines*
- Interest earned on an HSA is tax-free
- Withdrawals for qualified medical expenses are tax-exempt
- Unlike some other healthcare accounts, you'll never lose your funds if you don't use them
- With an HSA, your funds are rolled over and kept in your account from year to year
- Portability allows you to keep your funds even if you change health plans. The account belongs to you
- Earns Interest. As your balance grows, you'll earn more money on your HSA
- Easy access to your funds with a FirstBank & Trust ATM/Debit Card
- Check with a FirstBank & Trust customer service representative who can update you on the current federal limits of annual contributions to an HSA
- $100 to open account with automatic deposit available
Visit any of our branches to find out more about a FirstBank & Trust Health Savings Account or, click here to visit the U.S. Treasury - HSA Frequently Asked Questions page.